We call Victoria BC home, even though our offices are now on the Saanich Peninsula (close to ferry service and the airport). From our new location, we can quickly get to Mill Bay, Vancouver, or the Gulf Islands. Via the airport, San Francisco, Vegas, Toronto and other destinations are direct flight away.
There’s a lot of IT talent in our town. Whatever your WordPress needs, you’ll find somebody here who can help you. Here is a list of WordPress specialists who work out of Victoria.
- Authentic Business Solutions – specializing in SEO (a methodology for increasing page rank and visibility in search engines)
- John Overall.com – WordPress site design, and host of the WordPress Plugins A-Z podcast
- WordPress Plugins A-Z podcast – The weekly podcast that covers an assortment of plugins from WordPress
- Ideazone – WordPress site design; specializing in branding
- Vibrant Content: Jacob Buurma – site design and communications for non-profit organizations, businesses, and authors
- SEO 101 on Webmaster Radio – Search Engine Optimization from the very beginning: helpful information for beginners
- Affordable Web Hosting – Affordable Web Hosting Provider specializing in PHP, MySQL and FrontPage web hosting
- Shawn DeWolfe Consulting
Disclaimer: I am linking to these sites, I am not vetting them.
What makes Victoria BC great?
Victoria BC is an international destination for tourists seeking anything from culture, fun and food, to outdoor adventures in nearby parks and the surrounding communities.
- Greater Victoria has a population over 360,000. There is massive population growth in the Westshore (Langford, Colwood and Sooke)
- Technology is Victoria’s #1 industry with a $3.15 Billion Annual Revenue, a $4 Billion Economic Impact and over 23,000 employees across 884+ high-tech companies – and growing!
- Home to many tech success stories. You’d be surprised!
- Capital City of beautiful British Columbia
- Victoria was incorporated on August 2, 1862
- Over 3 million visitors annually
- Average of 2,180 hours of sunshine each year
- We get a lot of rain too: Average rainfall is 69 centimetres per year
- 1,600 signature hanging baskets displayed each summer. Go ahead! Grab one and take it home with you as a souvenir . (I was told I shouldn’t say that.)
Victoria has one of the mildest climates in the world, and especially in Canada. People can do many things year-round. The downtown is within walking distance of great tourist attractions and restaurants. One of the oldest cities in the northwest, Victoria has many charming brick buildings, breathtaking gardens and unique shops. Being on the coast, seafood is incredibly fresh. At night, Victoria BC’s Inner Harbour lights up from the 3,300+ lightbulbs that adorn BC Parliament Buildings.
Are you thinking of visiting Victoria? Message me and I’ll give you some pointers on my favourite finds.