You could get your business online for less than $2500.
2020 was hard for retailers. We’re still in choppy waters in 2021. What was predicted to be a 5 to 7 year trend of online shopping adoption compressed into 2020. Many businesses adapted. If your business didn’t pivot and take it online, there’s still time! Better than that: there’s expertise in getting businesses online; and even better: there’s MONEY available to get your business online. Eligible expenses go beyond web design. They include photography, copywriting, digital marketing, online advertising and training.
The Launch Online Grant program provides funding to B.C.-based business to create an online shop and/or improve their e-commerce experience to attract new local customers and expand to new markets. The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses, up to a maximum of $7,500 per business.
As part of the Province of BC’s StrongerBC Economic Recovery Plan, the Launch Online program has $12 million available o help businesses get their operations onto the Internet to spur business growth, drive economic development and provide support for small and medium sized businesses, including regional and Indigenous businesses.
As a business owner, you know you need any help you can get. The grant covers the funding (well, 75% of the funding). What about the work? Who can you hire to do the work of getting your website online?
Launch Online Eligibility Components
Small and medium sized businesses that produce or manufacture goods and products in British Columbia
Business sells repeatable products, or in some cases individual items that have differences (ie. product variants). To say this another way: products and tours would be eligible, custom projects and subscriptions would be ineligible.
Local Service Provider
Businesses must work with a registered BC-based service provider to develop their online store.
Business generated sales of more than $30,000 in the past year (2019), and is registered with Canada Revenue Agency (ie. GST#).
All funding must be used to develop or enhance an online store or support eCommerce. For example, implementing WordPress’ Woocommerce.
After the project is complete, the businesses must submit a summary of their expenses and link to the online store.
The site must launch inside of 12 weeks of receiving the grant go-ahead.
WordPress Based Websites
WordPress runs over one-third of the websites out there. It’s versatile. It’s solid. It’s great.
- Authentic Business Solutions – specializing in Website deployments and SEO (a methodology for increasing page rank and visibility in search engines)
- John Overall.com – WordPress site design, and host of the WordPress Plugins A-Z podcast. A veteran in the field.
- Web321 Marketing Ltd – They have a specialized plan for the design, deployment and support of WordPress websites tailored the for Launch Online Grant Program
Shopify is specially made for online storefronts.
- Seymour Digital Media – Marketing and advertising specialists, AdWords strategy implementation, Search engine optimization (on off and technical SEO), Data setup, implementation
and reporting, Shopify partner, Social media, Google My Business.
- Tuun Studio Web Solutions – Website Design, WordPress, Shopify, SEO
- Voltage New Media – eCommerce Design, Development and Facebook Marketing. Specializing in Shopify.
Drupal is very powerful and very flexible
- Nightbook Media Inc (link under repair) – Web Developer, Integration Engineer, Technical Support, CMS Developer, Mobile-First Responsive Development Specialist, Systems Architect. WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Tumblr, Mailchimp, PHP, HTML5, jQuery, CSS3, Python, Perl, Java, VBScript, Web2Py, Jinja2, Bottle, Ruby on Rails, ASP, etc.
- Nimpkish Media -Nimpkish Media is a collective of creative individuals with serious skills in website development and graphic design.
Disclaimer: I am linking to these sites, I am not vouching for them.
Do you have any questions? Message me and I’ll give you some pointers on what you need to have a winning online presence.