This was handed off to the business people for submission in 2011.
Canada’s NRC runs the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP). It provides financial support to qualified small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada to help them undertake technology innovation.In order to be considered for possible IRAP funding, the basic eligibility criteria are:
- be a small and medium-sized enterprise in Canada, incorporated and profit-oriented;
- have 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees; and
- have the objective to grow and generate profits through development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada.
- the business and management capabilities of the firm and the company's potential to achieve the expected results and outcomes associated with the proposed project;
- the financial capabilities of the firm and its plan to commercialize the developed technologies; and
- the technical aspects of the project and its potential impact on the firm.