At the Wordcamp Victoria 2012, we’re going to help site-owners who run Drupal in Victoria BC if they want to change that. This training session will cover migrating from Drupal to WordPress. Something for all of those Drupal users who want to switch to WordPress, a CMS that is simple and ideal for many roles.
The talk details the key differences between Drupal and WordPress. It talks about the pros and cons of both platforms and what a conversion may bring about. This talk will discuss the process of doing the database conversion to move content into place. It will cover which plug-ins can substitute for Drupal modules. With the remainder of the time, I will tackle questions about the conversion process and play as many what-ifs as time and audience tolerance allows.
This talk will be held first at WordCamp Victoria – on January 14th, 2012
We have three attachments associated with the Drupal to WordPress how-to
- Drupal -> WordPress The SQL Script – this is the script to execute to put the data from Drupal into WordPress. Make sure to check out the PDF or the Powerpoint presentation and the walkthrough for how to do the export and conversion process.
- Drupal -> WordPress (Adobe PDF)
Other links to the export process:
- Scurker.com – breaks it down http://scurker.com/blog/2010/02/migration-from-drupal-6-x-to-wordpress-2-9x/
- Tom Markiewicz http://www.tmarkiewicz.com/migration-from-drupal-to-wordpress-complete/
- Scott Anderson / Room 34 http://blog.room34.com/archives/4530
- Mike Smullin http://www.mikesmullin.com/development/migrate-convert-import-drupal-5-to-27/
- D’Arcy Norman http://www.darcynorman.net/2007/05/15/how-to-migrate-from-drupal-5-to-2/
- Created by Dave Dash http://spindrop.us/2006/05/19/migrating-from-drupal-47-to-
Pay someone to do this for you:
- gConverter – for a fee, they will transfer data from one CMS to another http://gconverter.com/drupal-to-wordpress/
- Drupal to WordPress – they also do this for a fee http://migratetowp.com/
Or, go the other way: convert from WordPress to Drupal: