Talk about plugins
Avoids URL redirection errors by managing old and alternative slugs to improve SEO.
Hello, I have a tech website and I need a free plugin that can show the best price from different retailers using my affiliate links, is there a plugin that does that?submitted by /u/Javild
I run a pop culture website which includes reviews of comics and tv shows.
Ideally I’d like the option for each contributor to be able to recommend an MVP for everything we review. For example, if one of our reviewers reads a comic and then thinks the MVP of that issue I’d say Captain American then that character would be awarded points. “Fictional” Power rankings, if you will. These would then be added to a separate page on the website.
I’m looking for a plugin that will help us do this. All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks ahead of time.submitted by /u/sodaandpeeps
I’m from the great white north (Canada) and we typically us Realtor.ca for our Real Estate listings, just wanted to see what plugins we are using to integrate their WordPress site?
Thank you so much!submitted by /u/sergiomatos
I recently came across a post by Brian Dean where he talks about how he boosted his email subscription rate by more than 500% using content upgrades.
Basically, you pick a post that receives a lot of traffic then you convert it into a checklist or PDF.
You then offer people the checklist/pdf in exchange for an email address. This is called a content upgrade or lead magnet.
The problem is that there is no free/easy way to do that in WordPress. So I decided to build a free plugin that does exactly that.
It also allows you to add a beautiful email opt in box into your blog's sidebar.
Here is the link.
Hi, I'm looking for a Wordpress plugin - not Buddypress - that can emulate the feed/wall functionality of this page: https://www.etoro.com/feed. I would only need the posting feature and letting the users comment on the post. Only admins would be able to post an update, but members (we're running Memberpress) would be able to comment.
I looked at various plugins that pull data from social media feeds and get refreshed almost in real time, but none of them allow members to comment, they just take you to the specific social media site.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.submitted by /u/And_ED
I have a plugin on the WordPress repository. It's a payment form for a specific credit card processor. I've done a major update to it that will require the admin to create a page with a shortcode embedded in the page's body. Currently I have a php file residing in the plugin's folder that the payment form points to. Once the information is sent to this php file residing in the folder, it then automatically sends the information to the credit card processor along with an MD5 hash based on the processing account and some other info based on the transaction information.
There are a whole bunch of reasons not to use a php file in the plugin's folder.
I changed it so the code that was in the php file now resides in a function that is published with a shortcode. I haven't rolled this out because if someone updates the plugin and fails to read the new instructions, their payment form will not work. They must publish a page entitled "payment endpoint" with the shortcode or the plugin will be dead in the water.
I don't know how to commit the update without breaking people's payment forms. Any advice?submitted by /u/bentcorner
I am looking for a plug-in to allow my partners to post their promotions on my website and then people to vote for the promotions to stay on top. Something similar to https://slickdeals.net It is actually the same exact concept as Reddit... Any idea?submitted by /u/ZiggyOutSpace12
For those of you who like to work with the Toolbar (Admin Bar) in WordPress, I have a free plugin on .org called „Toolbar Extras“. It enhances and extends the Toolbar with lots of new items, and already supports 300 other plugins and also a lot of themes - amongst those are Elementor, Astra, Genesis, OceanWP, GeneratePress and many more. You can find it here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/toolbar-extras/submitted by /u/deckerweb
We already run vouchers for a cinema client (buy a voucher online for a meal and a movie) but the client has very little online presence (we're bringing them slowly). They're now open to looking at selling cinema tickets online too.
Something that is totally digital and could be scanned at the venue (app, or even reader built in to the site - we currently use the voucher codes and it lets the restaurant scan a QR code simply using an iPad/iPhone.
We just wanted a reliable, quick to manage plug in where we can sell their cinema tickets too.
Thanks in advancesubmitted by /u/k_rocker
I need to track the efficiency of our ad campaigns, and don't want to make dozens of duplicate pages. Ideally, I want to make one page and generate aliases for each mailer/email blast. Anyone have recommendations on what I should use?submitted by /u/davesoverhere
As the title says, I need a Wordpress-plugin (or theme, if there comes anything to your mind that would allow what I need) to use WP on a RasPi3 to do Slideshow/Kiosk/DigitalSignage stuff. Oh and yes, it must do this locally on the Pi, not "in the cloud".
Stuff I tried already:
- Screenly (well, this isn't WP but it technically still does what I need can't be scheduled on daily/time-base)
- Foyer (can't be scheduled at all, one setting for a temporary channel, not more)
The 2 above have a major flaw: you can't schedule different pages/images/videos for different times... eg. showing a timetable, while at noon it displays the prices for lunch.
Anyone knowing a plugin that will do what I need?submitted by /u/Phischstaebchen
I am working on a Drivers Education website with a client and they want something very unique compared to what I have found/seen. Here is there list of requirements in no particular order. If any of you know of a plugin or group of plugins or code that I could use to do all or at least 80% of everything that would be amazing. Functionality takes precedence over looks.
- A graphical calendar is visible to all students and parents who are enrolled in a class.
- There are 3 times a student must drive and 3 times the student must observe for a total of 6 times in the car. They must be able to book for three drives and three observations.
- The drives/observations are 2 hours each.
- Students might be able to select days and times that they prefer at the start of class (the month)
- The calendar must have live updating (or at least until the user refreshes their screen)
- There must be at least 2 students at a time in a drive (typically one driver and one to two observers)
- The administrators/instructors can choose all the times that are available and only those times appear as options to the students. Almost like a calendar masking the other and the admin calendar is the parent of the student calendar
- Checkboxes would be nice, and the student/parent would have to confirm their selected times by signing in again or something like that
- The calendar will send text/email notifications to selected students. For example, if a time pops up that a student selected as desired, they will get a notification and they can go in and book that time. If they have that time booked then the calendar will notify them X hours before their scheduled time. If there is an available time still open that nobody has selected, or only has one student, then ALL students will get a notification X hours before the scheduled time. The time will be canceled say 1 hour before the time if nobody has taken it by then.
- The first drive takes priority over the second which takes priority over the third drive. So maybe all the students who have not taken their first drive yet get notified first when a spot opens up, and so on after X amount of time.
- He would like a small last minute cancel fee. Plenty of students sign up for a time then don't even show up. Notifying them and letting them and/or their parents know is imperitive
- Obviously admins/instructors have all power and can change any of this if a student has special needs or calls them
- On the calendar right away students/parents can see (perhaps even color coded dates/times) who is driving and who is observing what drive and at what time. There must be an option for them to click on that day and it brings up more information about names, who is observing, what time, etc.
- Classes try to stick to a single month as much as possible, but there must be a way for students to book within one month outside of the current date. I mentioned before that classes are organized by month, so if a student is signed up for the March class, the calendar will prioritize the month of March (I am using Learndash for courses, so linking a specific course with a month is what I am looking for)
- The administrator gets notified every time something changes
- Multiple drives can be scheduled in a single day between X and Y times, but students can only go at least every other day (again, if they have special needs the admin can change that)
- Instructors have a limit of working 8 hours a day, so if four drives are scheduled on say a Saturday, no more are available.
- The average attendance of students in class is roughly 40, give or take. Some months have more others have less.
- Students are no longer able to edit the calendar after their class has ended, so editing privaleges are based on enrollment in class (we don't want any trolls coming back in five years).
- As user friendly as we can get this would be great, but again, functionality has a priority over looks and everything else. Checkboxes, dropdowns, and color coding are all we are really wanting.
If any of you know of anything I can use would be great. I am willing to pay for a plugin or two.submitted by /u/RealReagatron
Hello fellow wordpressers,
I'm looking for a plugin that'll post my new posts on reddit. E.g. WP to Twitter any ideas?submitted by /u/Darktornado23
Each of my blog posts will have a video right below the title.
What I need is that if people play the video, it follows them on the top right/left of the page as they continue scrolling and reading the blog post.
I figured I need a plugin for that, and I've found a couple but they all seem outdated. So I thought it would be best to ask for advice here before installing anything.
Thanks!submitted by /u/anonym00xx